APS :Saturday, 23 September 2017
NEW YORK- Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel has delivered, on Friday in New York,
a speech at the 72nd session of the United Nations General Assembly, in which he presented Algeria’s vision and position on many issues of major concern for international community.
Leading the Algerian delegation to the works of the session, held under the theme “Focusing on people: striving for peace and a decent life for all on a sustainable planet,” Messahel said that this session is taking place in a context as worrying as that of previous sessions, marked by the persistence of unresolved conflicts and the outbreak of new bloody conflicts and tensions.”
He also underlined the impoverishment, underdevelopment and deceases that continue to affect hundreds of millions of people around the world, in addition to the cross-border threats, like terrorism and transnational organized crime, which are directly undermining security and stability of each country.
The minister said the UN remains the unique and irreplaceable instrument in the service of nations.
As regards the proliferation of conflicts and crises, Messahel said that Algeria stressed the need to examine the root causes that led to failure of the collective security system that founding fathers of the UN have built to save future generations from the horrors of war.
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces