APS : Friday, 20 May 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of National Solidarity, Family and Women Condition Mounia Meslem Si Amer, represent Algeria in the World Humanitarian Summit which will be hosted by Istanbul (Turkey) on 23 and 24 May 2016, said Friday a ministry statement.
This Summit under the slogan “One Humanity, Shared Responsibility”, will mark a “turning point for the international community to respond to crises and prevent humanitarian suffering,” said the source.
The main items on the agenda will revolve around “migrants and humanitarian action, disabled people in humanitarian action, the contributions of religious communities, education in emergencies, and finally natural disasters and climate change, “the statement added.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan