APS : Monday, 19 December 2016
ALGIERS- The Speaker of the Constitutional Council Mourad Medelci received Monday, in Algiers, the Deputy Chief Justice of the Constitutional Court of Indonesia Anwar Usman, who is on an official four-day visit to Algeria, said the Council in a communiqué.
During this meeting, the two parties reviewed “the relations between the two constitutional institutions and examined ways and means to promote the mechanisms of bilateral cooperation in the field of constitutional justice,” said the source.
The two institutions are linked by a cooperation agreement signed during the visit made by Mourad Medelci to Jakarta in August 2015.
During his visit to Algeria, the delegation of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Indonesia visited the headquarters of the Conference of Constitutional Jurisdictions of Africa (CJCA), located in Algiers, to inquire about the experience of this continental organization and the mechanisms of action of its secretariat general.
The headquarters of the constitutional courts and similar authorities of Asia that Indonesia currently chairs, is located in Jakarata.
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine