APS : Tuesday, 19 January 2016
ALGIERS- President of Malta Marie Louise Coleiro Preca has started Tuesday a three-day visit to Algeria, at the invitation of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
The Maltese president was welcomed upon her arrival at Houari-Boumediene International Airport by Speaker of the Council of the Nation (upper house of Parliament) Abdelkader Bensalah and members of the Government.
The visit will be an opportunity for the delegations of the two countries to “strengthen ongoing efforts to build mutually beneficial economic partnerships, ahead of the forthcoming meeting of the Algerian-Maltese Joint Commission, to be held in the first half of 2016.
During their discussions, the “two heads of State will share views and analyses on international issues, particularly in the Mediterranean region, as well as relations with the European Union.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied