APS : Friday, 09 September 2016
ALGIERS-Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights and Labor Tom Malinowski stressed Thursday in Algiers that press is “powerful” and “free” in Algeria.
“Press is powerful and free in Algeria. It has more freedom compared to other countries,” Malinowski told the press.
Besides, the US official stressed the need to back “a powerful” and “freedom” press so that States become “stronger” and societies “prosperous”
For his part, Grine said that he discussed with Malinowski US and Algeria’s experiences, stressing that “Algeria’s experience is not similar to the American one” because “the democratic experience of the press in US dates back to two centuries” while in Algeria “press opening goes back to thirty years ago.”
“Malinowski agreed that there is a great freedom of press in Algeria,” Grine stressed, stating that during his stay in Algeria, he noticed this freedom.”
“Of course, everything is not perfect, Algerian press is constantly evolving.”
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار