APS : Friday, 09 September 2016
ALGIERS-Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights and Labor Tom Malinowski stressed Thursday in Algiers that press is “powerful” and “free” in Algeria.
“Press is powerful and free in Algeria. It has more freedom compared to other countries,” Malinowski told the press.
Besides, the US official stressed the need to back “a powerful” and “freedom” press so that States become “stronger” and societies “prosperous”
For his part, Grine said that he discussed with Malinowski US and Algeria’s experiences, stressing that “Algeria’s experience is not similar to the American one” because “the democratic experience of the press in US dates back to two centuries” while in Algeria “press opening goes back to thirty years ago.”
“Malinowski agreed that there is a great freedom of press in Algeria,” Grine stressed, stating that during his stay in Algeria, he noticed this freedom.”
“Of course, everything is not perfect, Algerian press is constantly evolving.”
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy