Mali peace agreement: Long-term approach to establish stability in Sahel
APS : Thursday, 03 December 2015
ALGIERS- The Malian movements signatories to the peace and reconciliation agreement, resulting from Algiers process, underlined the importance of the agreement and its long-term approach to establish stability in Mali, and called to accelerate its implementation to achieve security and stability in the Sahel region.
The peace and reconciliation agreement in Mali, signed in May and June 2015 following the inclusive inter-Malian dialogue under the auspices of the Algerian-led international mediation, “is based on a long-term approach,” said the representative of the Coordination of Azawad Movements Sidi Brahim Ould Sidati.
“The situation in Mali has improved since the signing of the agreement,” he added on the sidelines of a two-day seminar on the development initiatives in the Sahel and the implementation of the peace and reconciliation agreement in Mali.
Sidati also called to accelerate the implementation of the agreement, adding that monitoring committees are working to that end.
In this regard, the representative of Malian movements of Algiers platform, Harouna Toure said that the peace agreement “comprises efficient measures for the establishment of security and stability throughout the country,” underlining the need to work for its implementation.
He also expressed concern over the security situation in Mali if the peace agreement implementation takes a long time.
The seminar, co-organized by Algeria and the African Union, opened on Wednesday in Algiers.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée