APS : Saturday, 04 June 2016
WASHINGTON- Director General of National Police Major General Abdelghani Hamel called Friday in New York to integrate the African Mechanism for Police Cooperation (AFRIPOL) into the cooperation plans of the United Nations.
Speaking in the UN Chiefs of Police Summit in New York, Hamel called UN secretary General to “integrate AFRIPOL into its future plans and actions of international cooperation.”
Hamel, who set out the broad lines of Algeria’s proposal relating to the re-organization of the United Nations Police, said that AFRIPOL “is a new mechanism of regional cooperation for a continent” which is still facing multiple “destabilization factors against which we are fighting together.”
In this regard, he underlined that these threats “require global, well-considered and concerted responses” between the United Nations’ member States.
While detailing his proposal to promote and upgrade the forces of UN Police, Hemel said that it is based on three important priorities relating to the management of workforce, logistics and the operation aspect.
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine