APS : Saturday, 10 September 2016
ALGIERS- Deputy chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council Ahmed Maitig hailed, Saturday in Algiers, Algeria’s consistent position for reconciliation in Libya.
In a statement to the press at the end of his discussions with Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel, Maitig said that the talks were “fruitful,” and hailed Algeria’s role and its “consistent” position for reconciliation in Libya, as well as the role of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika to that end.
Algeria’s position was clearly showed during the last meeting of the Arab League, he said, adding that “Algeria has adopted the same position as the African Union.”
Maitig also underlined the excellent relations between Algeria and Libya, and called for the holding of such meetings to overcome the difficult situation in the region, adding that reconciliation “is the best means for the resolution of all crises.”
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation