APS : Monday, 07 March 2016
ALGIERS- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas hailed, Monday in Jakarta, Algeria’s unwavering support to the Palestinian people in their struggle for the establishment of an independent State, said the People’s National Assembly (lower house of Parliament.
Abbas held discussions with Lower House Speaker Mohamed Larbi Ould Khelifa on the sidelines of the 5th Extraordinary Summit of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) on Palestine and al-Quds.
During the discussions, the Palestinian president paid tribute to President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika for his valuable contribution to make the voice of Palestine heard at international meeting and his efforts for the defence of the central cause of the Arab-Muslim nation, said the statement.
The discussions were also an opportunity to discuss the developments of the Palestinian question in the light of the Israeli threats against the Palestinian people, as well as current international issues, added the Lower House’s statement.
The Lower House’s speaker is representing President Abdelaziz Bouteflika at the OIC Extraordinary Summit.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region