APS : Monday, 07 March 2016
ALGIERS- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas hailed, Monday in Jakarta, Algeria’s unwavering support to the Palestinian people in their struggle for the establishment of an independent State, said the People’s National Assembly (lower house of Parliament.
Abbas held discussions with Lower House Speaker Mohamed Larbi Ould Khelifa on the sidelines of the 5th Extraordinary Summit of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) on Palestine and al-Quds.
During the discussions, the Palestinian president paid tribute to President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika for his valuable contribution to make the voice of Palestine heard at international meeting and his efforts for the defence of the central cause of the Arab-Muslim nation, said the statement.
The discussions were also an opportunity to discuss the developments of the Palestinian question in the light of the Israeli threats against the Palestinian people, as well as current international issues, added the Lower House’s statement.
The Lower House’s speaker is representing President Abdelaziz Bouteflika at the OIC Extraordinary Summit.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart