The Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad, Lounes Magramane, received Monday in Algiers, Jasper Wieck, Political Director of the German Federal Ministry of Defense and Foreign and Security Policy Advisor to the Minister of Defense.
The talks were an opportunity to highlight the excellent political relations between the countries and their common willingness to boost multifaceted bilateral cooperation.
According to the Foreign Ministry, the two officials also discussed international and regional issues of common interest, particularly the situation in the Sahel region.
The Secretary-General focused on the efforts made by Algeria to preserve peace and stability in the region, and the fight against terrorism and the scourges shaking the region. He also listed the priorities Algeria will defend during her term as a non-member of the United Nations (UN) Security Council.
- وزارة التكوين المهني تفتح مجال التكوين لفائدة أفراد الجالية الجزائرية المقيمة بالخارج
- Despite US veto, Algeria determined to make Palestine’s voice heard within Security Council
- Gaza ceasefire: Security Council fails to bring Algeria’s efforts to fruition
- Genocidal war on Gaza: Algeria bemoans UNSC’s failure to rise to calls, aspirations of peoples
- Minister Attaf receives Kazakh Deputy Foreign Minister