APS : Sunday, 15 January 2017
PARIS (France)- Dutch Foreign Minister Bert Koenders said Sunday, In Paris, there are a lot of possibilities to step up cooperation between Algeria and the Netherlands, noting that several contacts have been made between the two countries.
“I just want to express the importance we attach to relations between the Netherlands and Algeria. We have very much worked together, Lamamra and me, and I think there are a lot of possibilities to further strengthen our actions in the economic field and in the creation of jobs,” the Dutch minister said following discussions with Minister of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Ramtane Lamamra.
“There are already several contacts between our two countries, even at the level of the regional policy. I’m very grateful for Algeria’s efforts in Mali and Libya.”
Koenders stressed Algeria’s major role in the settlement of these two conflicts.
He added that in his capacity as European Union’s ambassador, a close and equitable relationship between Algeria and Europe is one of his priorities.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region