APS : Wednesday, 19 October 2016
NIAMEY- Algeria is convinced that Libyans are capable to overcome their differences and put the supreme interest of Libyan people above all other considerations, said Wednesday Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
“The absence or delay in the resolution of the crisis in Libya serves terrorism and its connections with the organized crime and all forms of cross-border trafficking, especially drug and arms trafficking, the recruitment of foreign terrorist fighters and illegal migration, which constitute a threat to peace and stability not only in Libya, but also in all its neighbouring countries, and may lead to chaos and division,” he added.
In his address at the ninth ministerial meeting of Libya’s neighbouring countries in Niamey (Niger), Messahel underlined that Algeria is convinced that “our Libyan brothers are capable to overcome their differences and put the supreme interest of Libyan people above all other considerations, in order to preserve the unity, territorial integrity, sovereignty and the national cohesion of Libya.”
The works of the ninth ministerial meeting of Libya’s neighbouring countries have got underway Wednesday in Niamey, Niger, with the participation of regional, continental and international organizations.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy