Libyan crisis settlement: Kobler hails Algeria's "constant support" to UN efforts
APS : Wednesday, 17 February 2016
ALGIERS- The Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary General for Libya and head of the UN Support Mission for Libya (UNSMIL), Martin Kobler hailed Algeria’s “constant support” to the UN facilitation and mediation efforts to find a political solution to Libyan crisis.
In a letter to Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel, Kobler also hailed Algeria’s role in the search for a solution, which would bring peace, security and stability in Libya.
The UN representative said that the discussions he had with Messahel and other Algerian officials during his visit to Algeria allowed him to benefit from the deep understanding of the crisis in Libyan and “took note” of Algeria’s position.
Kobler, who paid a working visit to Algeria on 31 January-1 February 2016 accompanied by the UNSMIL’s Senior Adviser on Security, General Paolo Serra, held discussions with Messahel and other Algerian officials on the main steps achieved in the UN-sponsored political process.
The visit was an opportunity to reiterate Algeria’s position favouring a political solution for peaceful settlement of the crisis in Libya and for the preservation of the territorial integrity of the neighbouring country.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée