APS : Thursday, 26 January 2017
ALGIERS-Minister of Maghreb Affairs, the African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel met Thursday in Brazzaville with the UN Secretary General’s special representative to Libya Martin Koble, announced the Foreign Affairs Ministry in a statement.
During this meeting, which comes at the eve of the meeting of the High level committee of the African Union on Libya, Kobler highlighted the “difficulties” faced in the implementation of the Libyan political agreement and “efforts” made to find “consensual” solutions, as part of dialogue between Libyan parties, said the source.
In this he regard, Kobler hailed Algeria’s “major contribution” to “bringing closer” positions between Libyans, and thanked Algerian authorities for their “support” to the current political process conducted to end the crisis in Libya.
For his part, Messahel assured to the UN official of “Algeria’s efforts in the future to find a political solution, deepen the inter-Libyan inclusive dialogue, without any interference, and promote national reconciliation between Libyans,” said the Ministry.
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne