APS : Monday, 01 February 2016
ALGIERS- Head of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya Martin Kobler said Monday in Algiers that we really must join forces with the international community, particularly Algeria, to resolve the Libyan crisis.
“We really must join forces with the international community, particularly Algeria. For us, the United Nations, it is very important to have the support of the neighbouring countries, notably Algeria,” said Kobler, at the end of his talks with Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel, adding that Algeria plays a “very very important” role in settling this crisis.
The same official added that Libya has long borders, generating thus a security problem and a situation of irregularity, because of a “political and military vacuum,” affirming that this country is facing a “serious” issue with the extension of the terrorist group the self-proclaimed Islamic State organization (Daesh), the deterioration in the humanitarian and the financial situation.
“We have broached the security issue (in this country) and particularly how to make a progress with the political process,” he said.
The UN representative stressed that we must “make a progress with the political process by installing a government in Tripoli and not elsewhere,” because, he added, “a government must serve the people.”
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie