APS : Wednesday, 22 February 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria and Italy are “constantly coordinating” their efforts in various issues, mainly on Libya crisis, Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel said Tuesday in Algiers.
“We are constantly coordinating our efforts with Italy on many important issues, including the current situation in Libya,” Messahel said following the third session of the Algerian-Italian strategic dialogue on political, security and counterterrorism issues.
Messahel co-chaired the session with the Italian secretary of State at the ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Vincenzo Amendola.
The Algerian official reiterated the position of Algeria, which “supports a political solution and an all-inclusive dialogue involving all Libyan parties, except those considered by the United Nations as terrorist organizations.”
Messahel said he broached with the Italian official the tripartite meeting (Algeria-Tunisia-Egypt) held in Tunis “as part of Libyan neighbours’ efforts.”
- Algeria offers condolences on deadly stampede at Indonesian stadium
- Burkina Faso: Foreign ministry closely monitors situation of national community
- MOU on political consultations between Algeria, Thailand
- Tourism: Algeria, Mauritania ink cooperation agreement
- Algeria-EU: 4th annual high-level energy dialogue meeting on October 10 in Algiers