APS : Thursday 24 January 2019
ALGIERS-Russia’s Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov on Thursday welcomed the “level of cooperation” between Algeria and the Federation of Russia.
“We hail the level of this cooperation between Russia and Algeria in the political, economic and military fields” said the FM at a joint press conference with Foreign Minister, Abdelkader Messahel.
The next session of the Algeria-Russia Joint Committee will be an opportunity to discuss “the possibilities” offered to both countries to further enhance bilateral relations, notably in the area of economy.
The Russian top diplomat said he had “very detailed and deep talks on bilateral ties” with Messahel.
“It is important for Algeria and Russia to pool their efforts and actions in the field of energy under the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF),” stated Messahel.
“We have drawn a roadmap to achieve the goals set in the Joint Statement on strategic partnership between Algeria and Russia”, sealed on 2 April 2001, ahead of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika’s state visit to Russia, recalled the Russian FM.
Trade exchanges between Algeria and Russia “have already exceeded $4.5bn,” said Lavrov, stressing that his meeting with Messahel was an opportunity to discuss “new decisions” likely to “develop them.”
“The opportunities to boost trade will be examined at the next session of the Algeria-Russia Joint Economic Committee” scheduled for 28-30 January 2019 in Russia.
According to Lavrov, “many Russian companies are already operating in Algeria and others are willing to invest the Algerian market.”
“Today, we agreed to support direct contacts between businesspersons,” said Lavrov.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina