APS : Sunday, 26 June 2022
ORAN- Minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad Ramtane Lamamra received Saturday, in Oran, the secretary general of the World Tourism Organization Zurab Pololikashvili who is on a working visit to Algeria
from 23 to 26 June.
“The meeting enabled the two sides to review the cooperation relations between Algeria and UNWTO as well as prospects to further strengthen them, notably through the technical support that this organization could provide for the development of tourism and promotion of destination Algeria at the international level,” the ministry said in a statement.
“The two sides tackled ways to strengthen the partnership with UNWTO in order to promote tourism investment in Algeria, as it is a key element in the diversification of the national economy.”
The head of the Algerian diplomacy affirmed on this occasion that “the Mediterranean Games of Oran are an opportunity to shed light on Algeria’s important tourism assets,” pointing out “the role of these events which establish ties between the countries and peoples at the regional and international levels.”
For his part, Zurab Pololikashvili, who attended the opening ceremony of the Mediterranean Games, emphasized “Algeria’s pivotal and positive role within UNWTO as a member of the executive council,” concluded the source.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization