APS : Wednesday, 12 January 2022
ALGIERS- The minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad, Ramtane Lamamra, held discussions with his Saudi counterpart, Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah Al Saud, as he is on a working visit
to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), in line with the mechanism of bilateral consultation and coordination at the ministerial level, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Wednesday in a statement.
“Lamamra handed over to his Saudi counterpart a handwritten letter from President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune to his brother, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud,” the statement said.
“Discussions between the two ministers focused on the brotherly relations and cooperation, as well as the Arab world at this sensitive juncture, means and ways to meet the challenges and the prospects for joint Arab action.”
Both officials expressed satisfaction with “the deep relations between the two countries and the two brother peoples.”
They also stressed “the promising opportunities to boost them through the guidelines of the leaders of the two countries so as to meet the expectations and aspirations of the two sides.”
The situation at both regional and international levels, especially in the Arab world, and the preparation for the next Arab Summit in Algeria were also tackled by the two officials.
The two sides agreed on “continuing consultation and coordination on the issues to be raised during the Saudi Foreign Minister’s visit to Algeria next February.”
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy