APS : Wednesday, 14 December 2016
ALGIERS- Algerian diplomat Lakhdar Brahimi received Tuesday in Algiers “Chili’s eternal gratitude decoration,” for having helped many Chileans to flee dictatorship in the 1970s.
“Our president, Michele Bachelet, wanted to show gratitude towards this generosity, to the actions taken in favour of Chili. We will always be grateful to you, and through you, to all the Algerian people who welcomed Chileans with open arms,” Chili’s Ambassador to Algeria, Marcia Covarrubias, said at the awarding ceremony.
Covarrubia described Brahimi as “experienced diplomat,” “tireless peace seeker” and “extremely modest” personality.”
Mentioning Brahimi’s career is enough to show his devotion to peace cause and to his country.
During the period he was Algeria’s Ambassador to the United Kingdom, he helped several Chileans “to flee dictatorship” in their country and settle in Algeria.
Covarrubia stressed the “precious contribution” of the late Foreign Minister Mohamed Seddik Benyahia, and before him President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika and Lakhdar Brahimi, for the establishment of the office for Chilean resistance in Algeria.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya