APS : Tuesday, 12 July 2016
ALGIERS- United States Secretary of State John Kerry has congratulated Algeria on its Independence Day, said Tuesday the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In a press statement dated the 5th July and published yesterday by the US Department of State on its website, Kerry said “on behalf of President Obama and the American people, I am delighted to join in celebrating the 54th anniversary of Algeria’s independence.”
The US Secretary of State expressed satisfaction at the “robust and growing partnership” between the two countries and the “broad cooperation in fostering economic growth, building closer ties between our citizens, and promoting regional security.”
Kerry also expressed his country’s deep gratitude for “Algeria’s important and ongoing diplomatic efforts to advance peace and security in the region, particularly in Mali and Libya,” said the statement.
He added that “the United States stands side-by-side with Algeria in our commitment to build peaceful and prosperous societies which benefit all citizens.”
Kerry also underlined “the strength of character and resolve of the Algerian people and all that they have achieved,” added the statement.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart