APS : MONDAY 12 MARCH 2018
KIGALI- Minister of Communication Djamel Kaouane presented Monday, in Kigali, the Algerian experience in the field of digital terrestrial television (DTT) on the occasion of African Union (AU) broadcasting Forum,
held in the Rwandan capital under the theme “The fierce battles around DTT in Africa.”
Speaking on the occasion of this meeting, Kaouane pointed out that this forum is “a unique event which aims to bring together the African broadcasting community on an important issue, namely the migration towards the digital terrestrial television,” emphasizing “the strategic dimension” of this field for Algeria and for all the African continent.
“The full integration in the communication society through the transition to the digital broadcasting constitute a major stake for the Algerian State, notably President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika who has constantly worked for the emergence, in our country, of a modern society mastering information and communication technologies, and for the involvement of the digital revolution at the heart of any development (…),” he underlined.
In this regard, he said that the communication sector implemented “a digital development strategy in Algeria comprising action plans, technological options and an appropriate regulatory mechanism,” underscoring the implementation in March 2009 of a national committee of digital strategy with the aim to “develop a strategy and planning involving the concerned sectors.”
In this regard, he said that “the national organizations of radio and television include both the activity of television and radio production and the broadcasting activity. With the advent of DTT and the introduction of the notion of multiplex and multichannel package operators it has been necessary to separate these activities.”
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea