APS : Tuesday, 22 December 2020
ALGIERS-Italy’s new ambassador to Algiers Giovanni Pugliese pledged Tuesday to strengthen friendship ties as well as political and economic cooperation between the two countries.
“The friendship between Italy and Algeria has deep roots that go back even before Algeria’s independence, and this friendship has always been nourished by geographical proximity, cultural and human ties between our peoples and economic exchanges,” said the Italian diplomat in a message to Algerians on social networks.
Algeria is Italy’s leading trading partner in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region with trade exceeding US$8 billion, hence the need to strengthen this partnership, especially since nearly 200 Italian companies are present in Algeria.
We must focus on the “diversification” of the partnership, especially in areas such as energy transition, food processing industry and new technologies, he said.
He also pledged to “facilitate collaborations” between SMEs and start-ups in Italy and Algeria.
Internationally, Pugliese expressed his country’s willingness to work with Algeria in order to “face together common global and regional challenges, such as the Covid-19 pandemic and its economic and geopolitical impact on the Mediterranean and Sahel regions.”
- (Français) commémoration de la ” Journée Nationale du Moudjahid ”
- President Tebboune, Italian Prime Minister hold phone conversation
- President Tebboune receives Mauritanian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- President Tebboune receives Nigerian Petroleum Resources minister, Niger’s Energy minister
- Lamamra received by Syrian president