APS : Sunday, 01 January 2017
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika has sent a message of condolences to his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, following the terrorist attack that targeted a nightclub in the city of Istanbul, in Turkey, on Saturday night.
“I learned with great emotion and deep sadness the horrific terrorist attack that has plunged Turkey into mourning, living scores dead and many injured,” said President Bouteflika in his message, adding that Algeria “has strongly condemned the barbaric attack.”
“In this painful ordeal, I would like to express, on behalf of the Algerian people and government and on my own behalf, my most sincere condolences to you, to the friendly Turkish people and to the families of the victims. And I would like to assure you of my solidarity and my sympathy,” he said.
“Algeria, which suffered from the barbaric terrorism for over a decade, understands the suffering of the friendly Turkish people and assures them of its effective solidarity to make of the fight against terrorism the priority of the international community,” added the Head of State.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister