APS : Sunday, 01 January 2017
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika has sent a message of condolences to his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan, following the terrorist attack that targeted a nightclub in the city of Istanbul, in Turkey, on Saturday night.
“I learned with great emotion and deep sadness the horrific terrorist attack that has plunged Turkey into mourning, living scores dead and many injured,” said President Bouteflika in his message, adding that Algeria “has strongly condemned the barbaric attack.”
“In this painful ordeal, I would like to express, on behalf of the Algerian people and government and on my own behalf, my most sincere condolences to you, to the friendly Turkish people and to the families of the victims. And I would like to assure you of my solidarity and my sympathy,” he said.
“Algeria, which suffered from the barbaric terrorism for over a decade, understands the suffering of the friendly Turkish people and assures them of its effective solidarity to make of the fight against terrorism the priority of the international community,” added the Head of State.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea