APS : Wednesday, 27 April 2016
ALGIERS- The works of an international workshop on the role of internet and social networks in the preservation and fight against radicalisation and cyber terrorism started Wednesday in Algiers.
The workshop, to be held until Thursday, brings together senior officials and experts, notably in the fields of information and communication technologies (ICTs), justice, police, different security services, worship, media, education and scientific research involved in the fight against cyber terrorism.
Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel underlined at the opening of these works that by organizing this workshop “Algeria is driven by the concern to protect its own security in a regional environment marked by the persistence and even the spread of terrorist threat.”
“Reducing the use of internet by terrorist groups is to contribute to the reduction of their mobility, connectivity, propaganda, their favourite means of radicalisation and recruitment, and ultimately to the weakening of their capacities,” he said.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy