APS : Wednesday, 27 April 2016
ALGIERS- The works of an international workshop on the role of internet and social networks in the preservation and fight against radicalisation and cyber terrorism started Wednesday in Algiers.
The workshop, to be held until Thursday, brings together senior officials and experts, notably in the fields of information and communication technologies (ICTs), justice, police, different security services, worship, media, education and scientific research involved in the fight against cyber terrorism.
Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel underlined at the opening of these works that by organizing this workshop “Algeria is driven by the concern to protect its own security in a regional environment marked by the persistence and even the spread of terrorist threat.”
“Reducing the use of internet by terrorist groups is to contribute to the reduction of their mobility, connectivity, propaganda, their favourite means of radicalisation and recruitment, and ultimately to the weakening of their capacities,” he said.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region