APS : Sunday, 21 January 2018
ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika has designated the speaker of the Council of the Nation (upper house of Parliament), Abdelkader Bensalah,
to represent him at the inauguration ceremony of the President-elect of Liberia, George Weah, the presidency of the Republic said Sunday in a statement.
“At the invitation of the outgoing president of the Republic of Liberia, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, his excellency Abdelaziz Bouteflika, president of the Republic, has designated Abdelkader Bensalah, the speaker of the Council of the Nation, to represent him at the inauguration ceremony of the President-elect, his excellency George Weah, to be held on January 22 in Monrovia,” the presidency said in the statement.
The President-elect of Liberia, George Weah, has won the presidential election on December 26, taking over from Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied