APS : Tuesday, 09 February 2016
ALGIERS-Paris is interested in Algerian’s experience in the prevention of radicalization, stressed the Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo and First Vice President of the Metropolis of Grand Paris, noting that Algeria had overcome the dark decade of terrorism with “a lot of courage and determination.”
“We are interested in the measures taken by Algeria to overcome the dark decade of terrorism, with great courage and determination,” she affirmed at a press conference following her visit to Algeria.
She added that Algeria had “strongly” resisted to terrorism, adding that “we are facing terrorism, a real threat.”
“The experience of Algiers, in particular, in the prevention of radicalization and de-radicalization is something that is important to us. We want to inspire from Algiers experience, which has a long term policy,” she argued.
Referring to the Algerian-French relations, she said that they were imbued with friendship and trust, forged by the highest authorities, including the two presidents Abdelaziz Bouteflika and François Hollande.
Hidalgo said, moreover, that the purpose of her visit was to boost the existing cooperation with Algiers, with an agreement signed in 2003, and “consider a number of cooperation themes between Algiers needs and those of Paris.”
She stressed that Algiers and Paris were planning to work around a cross-cultural week with the organization in Paris, for example, of Algerian music scene.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune