Friday, 26 August 2016 17:24
NAIROBI- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel, representative of President of the Republic, took part on Friday, in Nairobi (Kenya), in the 25th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM).
This Summit, chaired by Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta, APRM’s current president, was devoted to the examination of the 2nd progress Report of Mozambique as well as the Report on the recommendations of the focal points on APRM’s revitalization.
The head of the African Union Commission Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma broached issues relating to the integration of this Mechanism to the African Union’s structures.
At the end of the works, the Summit adopted the documents relating to the functioning of the Mechanism, to be submitted on the occasion of the 28th Assembly of AU’s Heads of State and Government, scheduled for January 2017.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum