APS : Tuesday, 06 December 2016
ALGIERS- Director General of National Police, Major General Abdelghani Hamel will partake in the 40th Congress of Arab Police and Security Chiefs in Tunis on Wednesday.
The meeting will be an opportunity for Arab senior security officials to meet and examine means to strengthen cooperation between Arab police institutions, said the Directorate General of National Police (DGSN) in a statement Tuesday.
Arab police and security chiefs, high-level delegations and representatives of Naif Arab University for Security Sciences, Arab Police Sport Federation and the international criminal police organization (INTERPOL) will participate in the works of the session.
The participants will “examine and debate several issues related mainly to the progress made in the implementation of the recommendations of the 39th session as well as means to strengthen cooperation between police institutions of Arab States to address the security challenges and the new forms of crime, especially the organized crime,” said the statement.
“The Arab police chiefs will also discuss issues of common interest, including the successful experiences in Arab security societies,” added the statement.
The participants will examine the experiences of Arab States, including Algeria’s experience in the protection and the promotion of human rights and its achievements in the field.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation