APS : Wednesday, 19 July 2017
ALGIERS- Qatari Ambassador to Algeria Ibrahim Abdulaziz Mohammed on Tuesday has hailed Algeria’s “balanced position” regarding the Gulf crisis, during an audience granted to him by Said Bouhadja,
Speaker of the People’s National Assembly (Lower House of Parliament), said the Lower House in a statement.
During the audience, which took place at the Lower House’s headquarters, the two sides discussed the “developments of the situation on the Arab scene, especially the repercussions of the Gulf crisis,” said the statement.
In this regard, Bouhadja reiterated “Algeria’s commitment to the preservation of Arab unity and solidarity and its calls to promoting dialogue in the resolution of crises,” said the Lower House’s statement.
For his part, the Qatari ambassador hailed Algeria’s “balanced position” regarding the Gulf crisis.
The Lower House speaker underlined the need to strengthen relations between the two countries, especially in terms of parliamentary cooperation.
He also announced the forthcoming setting-up of an Algerian-Qatari parliamentary friendship group, in association with the Council of the Nation (Upper House), added the statement.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار