APS : Monday, 13 March 2017
ALGIERS- Deputy Minister of National Defence, Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah received Sunday, in Algiers, Lieutenant General Sheng Liu, the deputy head of China’s PLA (People’s Liberation Army) General Logistics Department, the ministry of National Defence said in a statement.
The audience granted to Lieutenant General Sheng Liu, at his request, was an opportunity for the two sides to express their “willingness to step up bilateral cooperation in the light of the traditional relations between the two countries,” the statement noted.
The top Chinese official is on a visit to Algeria from 12 to 15 March, as part of bilateral cooperation between the People’s National Army and China’s People’s Liberation Army.
Lieutenant General Sheng Liu will meet the commanders of the different Algerian forces and the chiefs of cooperation departments at the ministry of National Defence.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister