APS : Thursday, 30 March 2017
ALGIERS- Deputy Minister of National Defence and Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah received Thursday, in Algiers, Qatar’s Minister of State for Defence Khalid Bin Mohammed Al-Attiyah,
who is on a two-day official visit in Algeria, leading a military delegation.
The two sides held discussions at the National Defence ministry’s headquarters, in the presence of senior officials of the ministry of National Defence and the Staff headquarters, in addition to Qatar’s ambassador to Algeria and the members of the delegation accompanying the Qatari minister.
The discussions, according to a ministry’s statement, focused on “the bilateral military cooperation and the ways and methods to boost it in areas of common interest,” the statement said.
Cooperation between Algeria and Qatar “has been strengthening with the permanent and increasing interest of the leaders of the two countries and their common concern to promote and develop it.”
The two sides also exchanged “analyses and views on various topical issues.”
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart