APS : Thursday, 30 March 2017
ALGIERS- Deputy Minister of National Defence and Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah received Thursday, in Algiers, Qatar’s Minister of State for Defence Khalid Bin Mohammed Al-Attiyah,
who is on a two-day official visit in Algeria, leading a military delegation.
The two sides held discussions at the National Defence ministry’s headquarters, in the presence of senior officials of the ministry of National Defence and the Staff headquarters, in addition to Qatar’s ambassador to Algeria and the members of the delegation accompanying the Qatari minister.
The discussions, according to a ministry’s statement, focused on “the bilateral military cooperation and the ways and methods to boost it in areas of common interest,” the statement said.
Cooperation between Algeria and Qatar “has been strengthening with the permanent and increasing interest of the leaders of the two countries and their common concern to promote and develop it.”
The two sides also exchanged “analyses and views on various topical issues.”
- Boukadoum reaffirms Algeria’s unconditional support to Palestinian people
- President Tebboune congratulates Guterres for his re-election as UN Secretary General
- Antalya Diplomacy Forum: Boukadoum takes part in two debates
- (Français) Forum économique algéro-libyen et Foire des produits algériens destinés au marché libyen: Cérémonie en l’honneur des organisateurs
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions