APS : Thursday, 30 March 2017
ALGIERS- Deputy Minister of National Defence and Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah received Thursday, in Algiers, Qatar’s Minister of State for Defence Khalid Bin Mohammed Al-Attiyah,
who is on a two-day official visit in Algeria, leading a military delegation.
The two sides held discussions at the National Defence ministry’s headquarters, in the presence of senior officials of the ministry of National Defence and the Staff headquarters, in addition to Qatar’s ambassador to Algeria and the members of the delegation accompanying the Qatari minister.
The discussions, according to a ministry’s statement, focused on “the bilateral military cooperation and the ways and methods to boost it in areas of common interest,” the statement said.
Cooperation between Algeria and Qatar “has been strengthening with the permanent and increasing interest of the leaders of the two countries and their common concern to promote and develop it.”
The two sides also exchanged “analyses and views on various topical issues.”
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum