APS : Monday, 10 October 2016
ALGIERS- Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah, the deputy minister of the National Defence, Chief of Staff of the People’s National Army held Monday, in Algiers,
talks with the Chief of Staff of the Qatari Armed Forces Major General Ghanem bin Shaheen Al Ghanem who is on an official visit to Algeria at the head of a large delegation.
After the welcoming ceremony, the two sides held bilateral talks in the presence of general officers of the National Defence Ministry and staff of the People’s National Army, as well as the Qatari ambassador to Algiers and members of the delegation accompanying the Chief of Staff of the Qatari Armed Forces Major.
The two sides examined “the state of the bilateral military cooperation and ways to extend it to other fields of mutually beneficial interest for the two countries.”
This cooperation is experiencing “a full expansion thanks to the particular interest given by the two countries’ heads of State by ensuring its permanent promotion.”
The two sides also exchanged analyses and views on topical issues.
At the end of the talks, Algeria’s guest signed the golden book of the staff of the People’s National Army and exchanged symbolic presents.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister