APS : Sunday, 19 February 2017
ALGIERS- Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah, Deputy Minister for National Defence and Chief of Staff of the People’s National Army, attended Sunday in Abu Dhabi the opening of the 13th International Defence Exhibition and Conference, IDEX-2017,
said the Ministry of National Defence in a communiqué.
As part of his participation in the major event, Gaid Salah attended the official opening ceremony, marked by exhibitions and military exercises using different land, air and sea defence equipment.
Afterwards, he visited some stands to enquire about the different defence equipment, arms and systems presented in IDEX-2017.
The Chief of Staff, as the personal representative of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, was received, with the heads of participating delegations, by General Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of UAE Armed Forces.
Gaid Salah was also received by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, the UAE Vice President and Prime Minister, Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Defence, said the communiqué.
During the audience, he conveyed to them greetings of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, and discussed military cooperation between the two countries, especially in military industry, said the Ministry’s communiqué.
Gaid Salah also met with Emirati officials and heads of the participating delegations.
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification