Situation in the Sahel region: CEMOC Chiefs of Staff to meet Wednesday in Tamanrasset
ALGIERS- An ordinary meeting of the Council of the Chiefs of Staff of the Joint Operational Army Staffs Committee (CEMOC) will be held Wednesday on Wednesday and Thursday in Tamanrasset to assess the situation prevailing in the Sahel sub-region, the National Defence Ministry said Tuesday in a communiqué.
“In a bid to assess the situation prevailing in the Sahel sub-region and in application of the measures for the fight against terrorism and the organized crime within the Joint Operational Army Staffs Committee (CEMOC) member countries, an ordinary meeting of the Chiefs of Staff of Algeria, Mali, Mauritania and Niger will be held on 16-17 September in the headquarters of the 6th military region in Tamanrasset under the chairmanship of Lieutenant Genera Ahmed Gaïd Salah, deputy minister of the National Defence and chief of staff of the People’s National Army,” the same source added.
“The Chiefs of Staff will share analyzes and the information, and will assess of the actions conducted so far as part of the strategy of the fight against terrorism and the organized crime adopted by these countries,” the communiqué added.
“This meeting will also be the opportunity to organize the ceremony of the CEMOC Council presidency hand over between the deputy-minister of National Defence, Chief of Staff of National Popular Army and the Chief of Staff of the Malian Armies,” the communiqué concluded.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée