There is no alternative to inter-Libyan consensual political settlement without foreign interference
APS : Thursday, 20 April 2017
EL BAYDA (Libya)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab league Abdelkader Messahel affirmed Wednesday that “Algeria’s message through this tour is clear “there is no alternative to the inter-Libyan consensual
political settlementb without foreign interference,” expressing his optimism about the future of the country.
In his speech following his meeting with the Speaker of the Libyan Parliament Akila Salah in this city of El Bayda (east of Libya), Messahel said that “Algeria’s message through this tour is clear: there is no alternative to the inter-Libyan consensual political settlement without foreign interference,” broaching “a possible revision of the political agreement on the basis of proposals made by the Libyan parties.”
“My visit to Libya is part of the efforts made by Algeria and follows the guidelines of his Excellency President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika to continue these efforts so that our Libyan brothers could reach an inclusive political settlement which enshrines Libya’s unity,” said Messahel.
“Algeria’s position vis-à-vis the Libyan crisis is known, as it was the first which called for an inter-Libyan dialogue,” underlined the minister, emphasizing the importance of this latest point to put an end to the crisis in this country.
“Algeria and Libya, neighbouring and brotherly countries, are united by historic and long-standing relations,” he said, adding that “Algeria will continue supporting Libya.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée