ALGIERS- President of the Constitutional Council Mourad Medelci received Tuesday, in Algiers, African Union Commissioner for Political Affairs Aisha Abdullahi.
The meeting focused on the role of the African Union in the development of the continent and promotion of the governance in Africa, said the communiqué.
Abdullahi seized this opportunity to hail Algeria’s “exceptional” role and emphasize the importance of the “the African Platform of governance” as a mechanism of promoting the rule of law, democracy and human rights in Africa.
The official also valued the contribution of the Constitutional Council in organizing the first meeting of the two working groups of the “African governance platform” on the “constitutionalism of the rule of law” and “the human rights and transitional justice.”
The meeting is devoted to the formation of the structures of the working group on “the Constitutionalism and rule of law” and that on “the human rights and transitional justice,” as well as the development of a future action plan.
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 17:21
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne