ALGIERS- President of the Constitutional Council Mourad Medelci received Tuesday, in Algiers, African Union Commissioner for Political Affairs Aisha Abdullahi.
The meeting focused on the role of the African Union in the development of the continent and promotion of the governance in Africa, said the communiqué.
Abdullahi seized this opportunity to hail Algeria’s “exceptional” role and emphasize the importance of the “the African Platform of governance” as a mechanism of promoting the rule of law, democracy and human rights in Africa.
The official also valued the contribution of the Constitutional Council in organizing the first meeting of the two working groups of the “African governance platform” on the “constitutionalism of the rule of law” and “the human rights and transitional justice.”
The meeting is devoted to the formation of the structures of the working group on “the Constitutionalism and rule of law” and that on “the human rights and transitional justice,” as well as the development of a future action plan.
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 17:21
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart