Demonstrations of 11 December 1960, strong proof of people's determination to wrest independence
Thursday, 10 December 2015 19:34
AIN DEFLA- The demonstrations of 11 December 1960 showed the determination of the Algerian people to defy the French colonizer and wrest their independence, said Minister of Mujahideen (Liberation War veterans) Tayeb Zitouni in Khemis Miliana (Ain Defla) on Thursday.
Speaking at a seminar on the historical events at the University of Khemis Miliana, Zitouni said that “the large participation of Algerian people in the protests in many regions of the country showed that the people were determined to move towards freedom.”
The rigorous organization of the 11 December 1960 demonstrations was an additional proof of the strength of the Revolution and its capacity to mobilize citizens in the struggle for freedom, added the minister.
These events also strengthened the position of the Provisional Government of the Algerian Republic (GPRA) and allowed to highlight the just cause of the Algerian people to the international public opinion he international public opinion, said the Minister.
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia
- Algeria calls on NAM states to step up efforts to enshrine its founding principles