Thursday, 10 December 2015 19:34
AIN DEFLA- The demonstrations of 11 December 1960 showed the determination of the Algerian people to defy the French colonizer and wrest their independence, said Minister of Mujahideen (Liberation War veterans) Tayeb Zitouni in Khemis Miliana (Ain Defla) on Thursday.
Speaking at a seminar on the historical events at the University of Khemis Miliana, Zitouni said that “the large participation of Algerian people in the protests in many regions of the country showed that the people were determined to move towards freedom.”
The rigorous organization of the 11 December 1960 demonstrations was an additional proof of the strength of the Revolution and its capacity to mobilize citizens in the struggle for freedom, added the minister.
These events also strengthened the position of the Provisional Government of the Algerian Republic (GPRA) and allowed to highlight the just cause of the Algerian people to the international public opinion he international public opinion, said the Minister.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea