APS : Monday, 03 July 2017
ADDIS ABABA (Ethiopia)- The report of the African Commission of the second session of the Specialized Technical Committee on Social Development, Labor and Employment organized recently in Algiers
will be examined and adopted by the 29th Conference of Heads of State and Governement, whose works started Monday in Addis Ababa.
This report was examined the day before by the ministers of foreign Affairs who gathered at their 31st AU Executive Council to which partook the chief of the Algerian diplomacy Abdelkader Messahel, and whose works ended Sunday evening after three days.
Held from the 24 to 28 April in Algiers under the theme “investing in employment and social security in order to fully benefit from the demographic dividend,” the CTS meeting notably identified the challenges in the sectors of social development, social protection, labour and employment and decided on the appropriate investments to reach the expected results.
The demographic dividend can be defined as the advantage likely to arise when a country enjoys a relatively large proportion of the working-age population due to declining infertility, and wisely invests in its health, its empowerment, its education and its employment through public action and thanks to the commitment of the public sector, said participants in this meeting.
The participants also underlined the importance of the demographic dividend for Africa’s transforming development which was repeatedly recognized by African leaders at the highest level and on the main ministerial platforms.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation