ALGIERS- Algeria has “strongly” condemned the attack on a military camp in the region of Timbuktu (Mali), leaving eleven dead among the Malian soldiers, said on Tuesday the Spokesman of Foreign Affairs Ministry Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“We strongly condemn the attack on a security post of Mali’s national Guard in Gourma-Rharous in the region of Timbuktu, causing the death of eleven soldiers,” said Benali Cherif in a statement to APS.
“We extend our condolences to the victims’ families and express our solidarity with the brotherly Malian people and government,” added the source.
“This cowardly attack and the one targeting, on July 2, a contingent of the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) in the same region, will clash, as in many previous times, with the willingness and determination of all the components of the Malian people and their institutions to fight against terrorism and all its forms of criminality and to move forward on the path of national reconciliation and completion of the peace process,” he added.
According to Benali Cherif, “Algeria will continue to fully assume its duty of solidarity as a neighbouring and brotherly country of Mali and its mission within the follow-up committee to ensure a rapid and happy result of the process aimed at implementing the peace and reconciliation agreement in Mali.”
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie