ALGIERS- Algeria “strongly” condemned on Sunday the outbreak of violence in Libya and called on the Libyan brothers for restraint to preserve the cohesion and unity of the Libyan people, said Foreign Affairs Ministry in a communiqué.
“Algeria strongly condemns the outbreak of violence in Libya, particularly the latest raids on the city of Benghazi, and considers that this military escalation, not only it spreads terror among the civilian population, but it lessens the chances to reach a peaceful solution and threatens the efforts made by the United Nations and the neighbouring countries for the settlement of the crisis in this neighbouring country,” said the communiqué.
“Algeria, which calls all the Libyan brothers to show wisdom and restraint and avoid any act that may harm the cohesion of the Libyan people, reaffirms its support to this brotherly country and to the negotiations process under the supervision of the United Nations as well as its support to all the international efforts aimed at achieving, as soon as possible, a political solution that ensures the union and sovereignty of Libya,” concluded the communiqué.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار