APS : Friday, 06 October 2017
NEW YORK- The fight against terrorism should not be limited to repressive dimension, as it “remains incomplete” if it lays only on security measures, Algeria’s UN permanent representative, Sabri Boukadoum, said in New York.
“Algeria strongly believes that prevention and the fight against terrorism requires a high level of vigilance, mobilization and multifaceted cooperation nationally, regionally and internationally,” Boukadoum said during a meeting on the promotion of the rule of law, held by the Sixth Committee (legal committee).
“It is obvious that the battle should not be limited to the repressive dimension, but must implement a coherent political strategy.”
Algeria’s UN representative said counterterrorism based on security instruments only will always remain incomplete.
“Any hope of success requires the active participation of all national institutions, concerned parties and citizens.
Mentioning Algeria’s counterterrorism experience, Boukadoum said “the important qualitative steps” made in the field have consolidated the results of the reconciliation policy presented by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, in the form a Charter for Peace and National Reconciliation, and approved by an overwhelming majority of Algerian people in a referendum.”
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony