APS: Thursday, 27 August 2015
As a result of the vote, by the members of the International Committee of Mediterranean Games (CIJM), organised during the meeting, held on the current 27th august in Pescara, Italy, the body’s chairman, Amar Addadi, has announced That Algerian city of Oran (432-km west of Algiers) will host the Mediterranean Games 2021.
The capital of Algeria’s west received an overwhelming vote, compared with Tunisian city Sfax, for the organization of the 19th Mediterranean Games.
Oran received 51 votes while Tunisian Sfax got only 17.
It is the second time Algeria hosts such major Games, the first was in 1975 in Algiers.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum