APS: Thursday, 27 August 2015
As a result of the vote, by the members of the International Committee of Mediterranean Games (CIJM), organised during the meeting, held on the current 27th august in Pescara, Italy, the body’s chairman, Amar Addadi, has announced That Algerian city of Oran (432-km west of Algiers) will host the Mediterranean Games 2021.
The capital of Algeria’s west received an overwhelming vote, compared with Tunisian city Sfax, for the organization of the 19th Mediterranean Games.
Oran received 51 votes while Tunisian Sfax got only 17.
It is the second time Algeria hosts such major Games, the first was in 1975 in Algiers.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan