ALGIERS- The head of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNISMIL) Bernardino Léon hailed Monday the “ongoing” efforts of Algeria and its support to the United Nations mediation to reach a political solution to the Libyan crisis, said Foreign Affairs Ministry in a communiqué.
In a letter addressed to Minister of Maghreb, African Union and Arab League Affairs Abdelkader Messahel, Leon, referring to the discussions which were held recently in Algiers with the representatives of the Libyan National General Congress(NGC) , “ thanked the Algerian government for the ongoing efforts to support the United Nations’ mediation to reach a political solution in Libya aimed at forming a government of national unity.”
The United Nations’ representative also thanked Algeria for the “humanitarian aid that it granted, once again, to the municipality of Ghat in the south-west of Libya,” said the communiqué.
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 12:42
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister