ALGIERS- The head of the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNISMIL) Bernardino Léon hailed Monday the “ongoing” efforts of Algeria and its support to the United Nations mediation to reach a political solution to the Libyan crisis, said Foreign Affairs Ministry in a communiqué.
In a letter addressed to Minister of Maghreb, African Union and Arab League Affairs Abdelkader Messahel, Leon, referring to the discussions which were held recently in Algiers with the representatives of the Libyan National General Congress(NGC) , “ thanked the Algerian government for the ongoing efforts to support the United Nations’ mediation to reach a political solution in Libya aimed at forming a government of national unity.”
The United Nations’ representative also thanked Algeria for the “humanitarian aid that it granted, once again, to the municipality of Ghat in the south-west of Libya,” said the communiqué.
Tuesday, 04 August 2015 12:42
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart