Wednesday, 20 January 2016
ALGIERS- The national workshop on “Investigation and prosecution of terrorism case, in connection with the threat of foreign terrorist fighters” aims at strengthening national capacities in the fight against terrorism, through the exchange of experience, said Samia Chouchane, Associate Programme Officer at the Terrorism Prevention Branch of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).
The works of the three-day workshop, which opened Tuesday in Algiers, have continued behind closed doors with the participation of many Algerian and foreign experts.
In a statement to APS, Chouchane said that the workshop is part of the cooperation plan developed by the UNODC Terrorism Prevention Department and the Algerian Government, with the support of Japan.
“The plan includes a series of training sessions on different themes relating to the prevention and fight against terrorism for the Algerian and foreign experts,” she explained.
Experts, executives of the sectors of justice, police and gendarmerie are participating in the three-day workshop, which will wrap up Thursday with the adoption of a series of recommendations on laws on security and fight against terrorism.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister