APS : Monday, 28 November 2016
ALGIERS- The 4th plenary session of the Working Group of the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) on strengthening capacities in Sahel opened Monday, in Algiers, as part of Algeria’s efforts in the prevention and fight against violent extremism in the region in the presence of Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
This in camera two-day meeting held at the Palace of Nations, in Algiers, and co-chaired by Algeria and Canada is marker by the participation of top officials and experts to draw up a report on the efforts of cooperation and strengthening of capacities in terms of prevention and fight against terrorism and violent extremism, border security, the application of laws and criminal justice of GCTF’s member countries.
Countries of the Sahel region as well as the members of the United Nations Security Council and international, regional and sub-regional organizations, including the United Nations (UN) and its institutions in charge of the fight against terrorism, the African Union (AU), the African Centre for the Study and Research on Terrorism (ACSRT), AFRIPOL and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), will also take part in these meetings.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo