APS : Monday, 28 November 2016
ALGIERS- The 4th plenary session of the Working Group of the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) on strengthening capacities in Sahel opened Monday, in Algiers, as part of Algeria’s efforts in the prevention and fight against violent extremism in the region in the presence of Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
This in camera two-day meeting held at the Palace of Nations, in Algiers, and co-chaired by Algeria and Canada is marker by the participation of top officials and experts to draw up a report on the efforts of cooperation and strengthening of capacities in terms of prevention and fight against terrorism and violent extremism, border security, the application of laws and criminal justice of GCTF’s member countries.
Countries of the Sahel region as well as the members of the United Nations Security Council and international, regional and sub-regional organizations, including the United Nations (UN) and its institutions in charge of the fight against terrorism, the African Union (AU), the African Centre for the Study and Research on Terrorism (ACSRT), AFRIPOL and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), will also take part in these meetings.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار