APS : Monday, 29 February 2016
ALGIERS – General Secretary of Foreign Ministry Abdelhamid Senouci Bereksi held discussions on Monday here with Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA),
on two-day working visit to Algeria.
Later, the meeting was expanded to members of both delegations.
During this visit, Amano will meet with senior Algerian officials to examine the “means of strengthening technical cooperation between Algeria and IAEA in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy,” said a statement from the Foreign Ministry.
This visit will also contributes to “promote nuclear applications in several fields of the socio-economic activities, like energy, human health, agriculture, water ressources, environment, nuclear technologies and radiological safety,” the same source added.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan