APS : Thursday, 14 April 2016
ISTANBUL (Turkey)- Algeria, through the speaker of the Council of the Nation (upper house) called Thursday, in Istanbul,
the member countries of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to undertake an “integrated” action in the fight against terrorism, and to develop programmes addressing youth concerns in order to protect them from extremist ideas.
“We reiterate the need to get mobilized, to be vigilant and to continue cooperation and coordination at both regional and international levels to relentlessly face this scourge,” the representative of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika said in an address at the OIC summit meeting.
Bensalah called for “adoption of an integrated action, including programmes dealing with the concerns of the young to protect them from extremist views.”
President Bouteflika’s representative said Algeria, “in all regional and international fora, has called for more efforts to tighten the grip on this despicable scourge by drying up its resources, and mainly ransom payment.”
“Algeria that has suffered from the throes of terrorism it fought alone throughout a decade, and which it beat at the price of sacrifices by its people and through the policies of civil concord and national reconciliation initiated by the president of the Republic, will spare no effort to contribute to developing an integrated method to effectively and resolutely deal with this scourge.”
- Boukadoum reaffirms Algeria’s unconditional support to Palestinian people
- President Tebboune congratulates Guterres for his re-election as UN Secretary General
- Antalya Diplomacy Forum: Boukadoum takes part in two debates
- (Français) Forum économique algéro-libyen et Foire des produits algériens destinés au marché libyen: Cérémonie en l’honneur des organisateurs
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions