APS : Tuesday, 04 October 2016
ALGIERS- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council Fayez al-Sarraj hailed, Tuesday in Algiers, Algeria’s “unfailing support” to his country, which is facing a difficult crisis.
In a statement to the press at the end of the audience granted to him by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, al-Sarraj said “we have discussed the situation in Libya and Algeria’s unfailing support to Libya in this difficult context,” adding that this (Algeria’s) position show the “long-standing brotherly relations between the two countries.”
“President Bouteflika, who is known for his great political experience, wisdom and clear-sightedness, has pointed out several points to take into consideration in such sensitive context,” which is in line with the “continuous consultations with our Algerian brothers,” said the Libyan official.
Al-Sarraj also hailed the “excellent” and “special” relations between the Algerian and Libyan countries and peoples, and underlined the partnerships between Algeria and Libya in many fields, including economic, social and security.
The Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council left Algiers Tuesday afternoon after a two-day visit.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister