APS : Sunday, 31 July 2016
ALGIERS- Expanding the use of Tamazight language in public institutions is “a strong political choice of the State and the Government,” said Sunday in Algiers the Secretary General of the High Council of Amazighity (HCA), Si El Hachemi Assad.
“The objective of translating our country’s basic texts into Tamazight is a contribution to the concrete implementation of the new provisions of the Constitution, amended in February 2016,” said the HCA’s secretary general at a workshop on the translation of the Algerian State’ basic texts into Tamazight, held by the HCA.
“It also aims at strengthening patriotism as well as the social and cultural cohesion in all its forms,” he added.
Calling for the gradual expansion of the use of the Tamazight language, Assad underlined that “the language has witnessed a significant progress since its adoption as a national and official language in the recent constitutional revision.”
In this regard, he said that this progress was possible owing to the “clear-sightedness of President of the
Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, who overcome all hesitations and resistances in the society.”
Assad also underlined the HCA’s approach for “an effective promotion of the Tamazight language, through targeted activities in the fields of publishing, translation, communication and training.”
In this regard, he dubbed “very important” the workshop on the translation of the Algerian State’s basic texts, namely the Constitution of 2016, Declaration of 1 November 1954 and the Platform of Soummam Congress of 20 August 1956, into Tamazight.
Assad added that “translation is a priority for the HCA,” stressing the need to “further promote training of Tamazight translators.”
- Boukadoum reaffirms Algeria’s unconditional support to Palestinian people
- President Tebboune congratulates Guterres for his re-election as UN Secretary General
- Antalya Diplomacy Forum: Boukadoum takes part in two debates
- (Français) Forum économique algéro-libyen et Foire des produits algériens destinés au marché libyen: Cérémonie en l’honneur des organisateurs
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions